Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Packages

One of the fun aspects of waiting is that once a month we get to send a package to Siri.  I didn't take a picture of the first one.  In that package we sent a photo book with all of our pictures so she can start becoming familiar with our faces.  In the second one we did a Record a Story: Guess How Much I Miss You that I picked up at Sam's.  It was the perfect story to send to Siri.  The boys did a few pages and they did a great job. With the help of some online friends, I translated the words into Thai so her foster family can read the book to her. It was fun.



Dale also wrote her a letter for that package.  It says "Dear Siri.  I miss you.  Can you come over.  I love you.  Your brother Dale". 

We can only send one zip lock bag.  Sometimes we really have to stretch the bag to get it all to fit.  This month we are sending some valentines cards the kids drew, candy, clothes, a stuffed animal and my favorite, a copy of Goodnight Moon that a friend translated into Thai.  The letters are amazing and her penmanship is so beautiful!

Only three more packages to send then we will be delivering the last one in person!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!!!! You started a blog. I'm excited to travel vicariously with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it be nice if it were just as easy as "can you come over?" Good call on starting the blog BTW. ;-) Now I can stalk your travel and sit jealously on my couch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeska and Coley - Thanks to you both. You have inspired my adventure into the world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crying Danyel! I couldn't even watch the whole video!

    ReplyDelete