Friday, April 15, 2011

We are home

We made it home today! Siri did great on the flights. She slept a lot and when she was awake she was happy. On the longest flight they even gave us a bassinet for her to sleep in.




We landed in Springfield at 1:30 (only 37 hours after we left our hotel room at 6 pm) and Dale and Jack greeted Siri with a welcome home sign. I swear those boys have gotten so much bigger in the two weeks we were gone!



Siri did great. At the house she ran around and played with the boys. She likes her room but she loves the boys' room. Anything that moves or makes sounds she loves. She played spaceship and monster truck with Jack. Dale tried to get her to sit on his lap and read a book, but she wasn't ready to sit still.

Around five the lack of sleep hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt like I had been drugged. I just couldn't stay awake. So we all piled into our bed to watch Bolt. Everyone was out but Dale. He woke me up after the movie wanting to play. Somehow I talked him into one more movie. Next thing I know it is one in the morning and we have all taken a really long nap. We got up and had dinner then played for the next several hours. Finally at three the kids were worn out, so we put them to bed and started unpacking.

It's now 4:30 and we are catching up on American Idol reruns. This keypad may take awhile to catch. Up on. And I can't believe it, but Siri is sleeping in her own bed!






6 comments:

  1. I am so happy your home and a family together now. It is great how well Siri has just taken with the boys. We can not wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome!!! Your little girl is finally home. I'm glad the flight went so well.. but man that's a long trip home. Can't believe we'll be making that trip soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to hear how well Siri seems to be doing. I love seeing her in her own bed in her own room that you had all ready and prepared for her- so sweet! I can hardly wait for it to be our turn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danyel, I am so happy for you. She is truly a beautiful gift from God. I loved the videos so much that I teared up. I cannot wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally, woot! Glad it all turned out well for you guys. Kinda tough following this blog 60 feet up in the air ;)...Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just stumbled on your blog while researching Thai adoption. We are still in the stages of thinking about all our options, but adopting from Thailand has always been a dream of mine after studying in Thailand. During my stay in Thailand, I lived with a Thai family whom I still stay in close contact with. In viewing your adoption timeline, it seems much shorter than so many that I've seen. Do you have any tips? Or what agency did you use? I have heard that the wait could possibly be three years or longer, so if there are ways to expedite that process, we'd be very interested, especially as this would be our first child. You have a beautiful family! I would greatly appreciate any insight you could give. Thanks in advance!

    bean.dreams@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete